Mercruiser Sterndrive Parts
The all New 496 Magnum MPI V-8 !
This engine is super slick!
The blocks are made more precise than ever and consume
less fuel, run more smoothly and they are quiet.
The engine weighs 65 percent less and has much better resistance
The distributorless ignition eleminates the need for mechanical adjustment.
These engines are wired for the future with the new
PCM 555 Electronic Processor. The PCM 555 in conjunction
with the remarkable SmartCraft Controller Area Network (CAN),
will soon monitor over 64 internal functions for optimal
The SmartCraft SC5000 System will let the boater view important
engine self-diagnostic information along with GPS data, water pressure,
drive trim, steering angle, water depth, fuel level, and water and
waste tank levels too.
It will also soon incorporate the soon-to-be released electronic
throttle and shift systems much like what todays advanced diesels are using.
This will provide for clear and accuarate vessel control and
easy engine automatic syncronization.
MerCruiser 496 MAG MPI Specifications
- Propshaft Horsepower: 375
- Displacement (Liter/CID): 8.1L/496
- Cylinders: V-8
- Bore & Stroke (inches): 4.25/4.38
- Compression Ratio: 9.1:1
- Fuel System: MPI
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4400-4800
- Ignition Type: PCM 555 distributorless
- Alternator: 70 amp
- Length (inches): 35
- Width (inches): 33
- Height (inches): 24
- Weight (lbs.) - Alpha: -
- Weight (lbs.) - Bravo One: 1199
- Weight (lbs.) - Bravo Two: 1214
- Weight (lbs./kg) - Bravo Three: 1224
- Gear Ratio - Bravo One (primary/optional/high altitude): 1.5/1.36/1.65
- Gear Ratio - Bravo Two (primary/optional/high altitude): 1.81/2.0/2.2
- Gear Ratio - Bravo Three (primary/optional/high altitude): 1.81/2.0/2.2
Please note that these prices are negotiable and subject to change. Email us with your offer and we will do everything possible to meet it.
Note: We are NOT Mercury Marine or Mercruiser.